Do you want to watch a few good tennis matches, or maybe a fashion show; look for a perfect road for a cyclotourist adventure perfect for your personal taste or a location where your favourite music video was shot? Or maybe have a taste of wine from the wine yard on the highest altitude in Croatia, try some of traditional dishes, or even – get married? If the answer to any of these questions is affirmative, we have a perfect destination for you. Stay with our lines and experience Bol!
1. GREAT COMEBACK OF TENNIS AFTER 13 YEARS! To great joy of all sport enthusiasts, Bol is living tennis again! WTA tournament from 125K series, CROATIA BOL OPEN, will bring to this place some new great names, and already it is marked as a great lifestyle event.
In final two Aleksandras have met – Serbian Krunić and Romanian Cadabtu, while exhibitionist “rematch” after 20 years was played between Iva Majoli and Martina Hingis.
. Visit Bol in the second week of Roland Garros, in first half of June, and enjoy in exciting tennis duels, but also in all accompanying contents close to white sport – high quality gastronomy, the sun, the sea, socializing…
2. GREAT STAGE FOR YOUR THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY. Entire Central Dalmatia is a region of exceptional beauty where chapels on belvederes, historical edifices and Mediterranean ambience are ideal scenography for those who are preparing to get married! If you are a part of this group, Bol will definitely meet your demands, since it is a destination distinguished by its sophistication. Your guests will enjoy in elegant cocktail and aperitif bars, summer terraces, pool bars, and evenings under a starry island’s sky!
3. CHARIOTS OF FIRE ON GOLDEN CAPE! That Bol goes hand in hand with art, elegance and beauty is proven by numerous beauty contests and fashion photo-sessions held there, and many show-business artists recognized it as an ideal scenography for their videos.
World famous 2Cellos decided to make Golden Cape a great background for their interpretation of the song Chariots of Fire – a theme from the same-named movie, based on a true story of two athletes who, wishing to overcome prejudice and strengthen their beliefs, competed on Olympic Games 1924.
Only a few minutes walk from Golden Cape beach, in the Elaphusa Hotel, another music treat will be held outside high season – Bol Soul Festival (7 – 14 October, 2017) is a real thing for music enthusiasts and those who will become ones!
4. YOU LIKE A GOOD DROP? DISCOVER WINE MAGICC! To really understand how Bol people discovered some kind of wine magic, we have to go back to 1903, when wine from Stina winery in the very centre of the place got its first medal in International Wine Exhibition in Paris!
Hard work of locals is woven into distinctive taste of these wines that ripen in sunny wine yards – many of which are located on very scarce, inaccessible land, which nevertheless gives some of most luxurious wine varieties.
Enjoy in sweet, mild and creamy taste of prošek, abundant bouquet of red and black fruits of plavac mali or bold fruity richness of pošip; and all these wines have already been awarded on international competitions!
5. SEARCH FOR A GRAIN OF ADRENALINE…ON THE SEA AND THE LAND! Bol has good news for those who enjoy in recreation even during the summer. Thanks to ideal atmosphere conditions and steady west wind – maestral, there you can do kiteboarding and windsurfing, and if you prefer sea depths, explore underwater beauties of Bol waters with help of some of diving clubs that offer diving courses and programmes both for beginners and professionals.
To somewhat braver guests we recommend to try to tackle with praised cycling roads and enjoy in a ride with crickets call, romantic bells from local churches and scents of Mediterranean herbs!
7. BOL CULTURAL SUMMER – SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE! Bol’s Summer Nights which are held every Wednesday, theatre shows in Taetrin, night of debut klapas (acappela singing) when klapas for Omiš Klapa Festival are being chosen, Names Festival that unites word, images, sounds, acting and – good food, music-creative festival for the young Graffiti on the gradele (Graffitti on grill)…are only some of wide choice of events in Bol among which everyone can find something for themselves.
While watching materials of these manifestations, one lovely graffiti brought a smile on our face – “Brač on Bo”# – it is a piece of street wisdom which once again showed that Bol is the island’s centre of beauty and exclusivity.
Photo: Tz Bol, CZK Bol, 2Cellos, WTA Bol