Vrijeme održavanja: 6. i 7. travnja 2019.
THE 2019 SWIMRUN SEASON STARTS ON APRIL 6 & 7
On April 6 & 7 the 2019 Swimrun season will start with a blast. ÖTILLÖ Hvar in Croatia will have the biggest starting field until date and with many of the absolute best teams in the world.
The last five months have been long and it seems as if the start of the ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Series has been longed for.
ÖTILLÖ Hvar, off the Croatian coast is the ideal setting to start the season. Spring weather, crystal- clear waters and beautiful race courses over the whole weekend. More than 400 racers from more than 20 nations will travel to participate and to get the season started.
THE 2019 ÖTILLÖ SWIMRUN WORLD SERIES
The following races are the confirmed 2019 World Series races. One more might be added towards the end of the season.
Each of these races act as qualifiers and also generate ranking points towards ÖTILLÖ, The Swimrun World Championship; which is always held on the first Monday of September in the Stockholm Archipelago.
- ÖTILLÖ Hvar Weekend (Croatia) 6 & 7 April 2019 Images from 2018
- ÖTILLÖ Utö Weekend (Sweden) 18 & 19 May 2019 Images from 2018
- ÖTILLÖ Isles of Scilly Weekend (England) 8 & 9 June 2019 Images from 2018
- ÖTILLÖ Engadin Weekend (Switzerland) 6 & 7 July 2019 Images from 2018
- ÖTILLÖ 1000 Lakes Weekend (Germany) 21 & 22 September 2019 Images from 2018
- ÖTILLÖ Cannes Weekend (France) 18 & 19 October 2019 Images from 2018
The World Championship
- ÖTILLÖ, The Swimrun World Championship (14th edition) 2 September 2019 Images from 2018
- 75 km over and between 26 islands in the Stockholm Archipelago
- Renowned as one of the toughest one-day races in the world (CNN 2012)
AN ÖTILLÖ SWIMRUN WEEKEND
An ÖTILLÖ Swimrun weekend is a full immersion into the sport of swimrun and its community. You can now be either a beginner or elite and find the right race for you.
We usually have around 20 nations participating over the weekend with 400+ racers.
We start the Friday afternoon with a #cleantheocean activity where we spend an hour picking garbage from beaches and land in the vicinity of the start & finish area.
On Saturdays we have our Sprint & Experience races. These you can either do as a team (two persons) or solo.
The Sprint is approx. 15 km and the Experience is approx. 7 km. These two races really make it possible for any one to participate. The courses are fun and the camraderie is great. If you want to be competitive the front of the Sprint moves quite fast.
On Sundays we have the World Series event which is approx. 42 km It serves as a qualifier for the World Championship. These events can only be done as a team.
This means that a weekend gives an opportunity for anyone to either try swimrun for the first time or to be extremely competitive all under a world- class organization.
Photo: ӦTTILӦ Swimrun