DISCOVER ADRENALINE ACTIVITIES WITH SPLIT MARK – MARJAN HILL IS A HIDDEN JEWEL OF ACTIVE VACATION!
DID YOU KNOW THAT EMBLEMATIC MARJAN HILL IN SPLIT – favourite locals’ destination for pleasant relaxation, swimming or a nice family walk – has its wild side as well?
Before you even begin to imagine wild beasts wandering around – the word wild is used to depict its great options for those in love with extreme sports!
If you fall into this category, allow us to present 5 top activities you can engage in on favourite Split’s hill – unavoidable part of almost every of the town’s panoramic image!
1. SET OUT ON SEVERAL HOURS LONG HIKING TOUR. Apart from comfy clothes and shoes and much required refreshment, for this adventure you’ll have to be in a pretty good shape!
You will enjoy in sightseeing of picturesque medieval churches and former hermit’s dwellings – not to mention an enchanting view of the entire town and its surroundings (from Vidilica belvedere) and of nearby islands (from a bit higher view points)!
We especially like church of St. Jeronim under steep cliffs. It is believed that praying in front of it will make your wishes come true, while nearby there is hermit’s cave where St. Jere used to stay, a patron saint of theologians, students, translators and Dalmatia!
2. SAIL AROUND MARJAN – IN A KAYAK! A view (from the sea!) of recognizable Split panorama and imposing images of Kozjak and Mosor mountains is what awaits you if you set out on a kayak tour!
According to one’s preferences, paddling can be enriched by exploring great diving locations, or jumping into the sea from a chosen cliff. An extra tip: it would be a shame not to capture these great moments, so ask your friends to take a couple of shots – perfect for your social media news feed!
3. TRY ROCK CLIMBING. For those who rather stick to the land, Marjan Hill has great climbing locations, suitable both for beginners and somewhat more experienced climbers.
We recommend hiring professional and licensed guides, who will make sure you’re safe every step of the way.
Climbing routes are on 10 – 25 metres altitude, or to use climbing terminology – difficulty levels vary from 4c to 7a.
4. DISCOVER DEEP WATER SOLO. Friendly Adriatic Sea enables you to engage carelessly in this activity. For those who are not familiar with this relatively new and extremely exciting climbing discipline – you are climbing on vertical and hanging cliffs above the sea,
So every climber starts and ends the climb – in the sea. Enjoy in summer climbing, without unnecessary sweating – above crystal clear sea!
5. TRY SURFING WITH A PADDLE! Connoisseurs say that it is the fastest growing sport today – not surprisingly! Jump onto your SUP board and enjoy in a view of numerous sights – Bene and Kašjuni beach, Tito’s villa or even impressive cliffs on the south side of Marjan Hill.